Takada, Joetsu City, Niigata Prefecture, once prospered as a castle town.A new tour will be held in February based on the 100-year-old restaurant “Ukiyo,” which was built at the end of the Edo period and has been designated as a nationally registered tangible cultural property.We are currently looking for tour participants.
This is a tour planned by the Takada Machinaka Tourism Promotion Council, which is planning a tour based on the 100-year-old restaurant “Ukiyo”, following the monitor tour that was popular last year.The purpose is to make people inside and outside the region aware of the appeal of Joetsu.This time, meals are included and the price starts from 10,000 yen per person.Three courses are available.The schedule and each course are as follows.
■ Schedule & course contents
① Enjoy Yukimi Sake at Musashino Sake Brewery / Enjoy Yukimi Sake at Musashino Sake Brewery while strolling around Machiya and Gangi Street
○ Schedule / February 20th (Sat), 22nd (Mon), 23rd (Tue / holiday), 26th (Fri)
○ Price / 12,500 yen per person with restaurant dishes
○ Course content / Walking along Karigi Street, Takada Sekaikan (external tour), Takada Komachi (machiya tour), Musashino Sake Brewery
② Hina Meguri Zanmai at Hundred Years Restaurant and Hundred Years Shopping Street / Awa candy tasting at Japanese sweets shop, Amazake at Miso shop
○ Schedule / February 21st (Sun), 23rd (Tuesday / holiday), 28th (Sun), March 7th (Sun)
* March 7th (Sun) shopping street Hina-sama exhibition will be limited to some stores
○ Price / 10,000 yen per person with restaurant dishes
○ Course contents // Hundred Years Shopping Street Picture signboard and Hina Meguri (Takada Honcho Shopping Street 3-5 chome), Sugita Miso Brewery, Osugiya Oumadashi Store
③ Experience at Japan’s first Goze Museum / Go to Japan’s first Goze Museum while strolling around Machiya and Gangi Street
○ Schedule / February 27th (Sat), March 6th (Sat), 14th (Sun), 20th (Sat / holiday)
○ Price / 11,600 yen per person with restaurant dishes
○ Course contents // Takada Sekaikan (appearance tour), Takada Komachi (machiya tour), Gangi Street walk, Goze Museum Takada～Kimono no Ogawa
※The photograph is an image
Participants gathered at the 100-year-old restaurant “Ukiyo” in Nakamachi, Joetsu City.During this period, Ukiyo holds the annual “Yayoi Festival” in which Hina dolls are displayed in all guest rooms.After enjoying the Hina-Meguri in the hall, enjoy a special lunch at the restaurant.After that, walk around Gangi street, Honcho, and each course menu.
Hina dolls in the “Ukiyo” building * The photo is an image
Restaurant cuisine * The photo is an image
Hundred Year Restaurant Meal and Ukiyo’s Hina Meguri + Experience Tour
■ Meeting: Meet at 11:00 at the 100-year-old restaurant “Ukiyo” (3-4-5 Nakamachi, Joetsu City, Niigata Prefecture)
■ Application deadline: 5 days before the departure date of each course (minimum number of participants 5)
* Detailed information can also be found on the “Hundred Years Restaurant Ukiyo Homepage“.
■ Application: ℡025-524-0001 (Secretariat, Hirayama)